Genesis: In the Beginning The idea of a Kosher Food Pantry in Kansas City arose from an observable need. For nearly thirty years, Chabad House Center of Kansas City has provided holiday food packages for Jewish needy and elderly immigrants in the Greater Kansas City Area. The current needs of our community have forced the pantry to broaden its scope. A dedicated group of volunteers set up the groundwork for this important new expansion. Together, they combined their expertise and experience in Jewish social and communal affairs to see to the needs of the community. As a result, Yachad was born. Yachad volunteers share a desire to help a fellow person in their time of need and distress. Yachad's goal is to assist and alleviate the pain of hunger in a most dignified and confidential manner. The dream has become a reality.
Programs and Services
Call Sherrill at (913) 649-4852 and make a personal appointment to come by the food pantry.
"Food for the body, Food for the soul":
Yachad hosts bimonthly programs, presented in Yiddish and Russian, and a seder supply give away for Russian immigrants before Passover.
Chabad House concurrently hosts two seders on the first night of Passover free of charge: one for Russian immigrants, which is conducted in Russian and Yiddish, and one open to the community.
Who we help
Unlike other local food pantries, Yachad has no income guidelines to determine who can receive food. All a person has to do to benefit from the food pantry is call and make a confidential appointment. Our clients include everyone from the unemployed, to the working poor, to retirees, to those suffering from the tough economic times.
How Can You Help
-Drop off Kosher food at Yachad. 6201 Indian Creek Drive, Overland Park, KS 66207
The following are some acceptable Kosher Symbols:
- Monetary donations are also welcome and greatly appreciated. Click here for the
Online Donation Form
- Honor and Memory cards are also available. The sale of which directly benefits Yachad. Six cards are $36. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
for more information.
The Yachad Committee
The Yachad Committee is a group of dedicated volunteers, who are committed to the mission of furthering Yachad's outreach efforts through grant writing, fundraising, and food collection.
Local and Other Affiliations
- Yachad maintains close contact with the Jewish Community Food Pantries of Chicago, Cleveland, and Detroit.
- Yachad works cooperatively with the various local Jewish agencies to help those in need and to maximize our potential to serve the community.
- Yachad volunteers come from local Synagogues, Temples and agencies, as well as from the Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy.
Back to top
Chabad House Center of Kansas City • 6201 Indian Creek Drive • Overland Park, KS 66207 • 913-649-4852